Sunday, August 12, 2012

Ahh Life

So i've been home from Chautauqua, NY for about a week now. I was there at the Opera doing the crafts and millinery (and whatever alterations i could do)  I only got to make one hat from scratch, but everyone one wants one now :)

 I was there for 9 weeks. And man, did they fly by. We did 2 operas, 2 musical reviews and one scenes program. I'll admit, i was pretty broken by the end. Even after a week of being home, i'm still hurting. But i'm taking the good drugs, and that is helping. Chautauqua really needs to add on 3 more days, at least, to the contract. From breaking down the scenes program, to doing laundry, to putting it all away ANNNDDD packing down the show.. it was really really hard.

 Now i move onto something even harder. MOVING... AGAIN! This happened the last time I was at Chautauqua. After i got home, we did a cross country move. And now we are doing it again. For good reasons though. A full time theater job doesn't come around often. So we are sorting and packing.. and sorting more. The last time we did that, we were moving from our house, which was 3 stories of stuff. Now we are moving from a smaller home, into an even smaller apt. We have to cut back sooooooo much. Sometimes its sooo hard. I look at all i've gotten rid of and i'm amazed. Then i look at all i'm keeping and just want to cry because it's still sooooo much.  I don't want to live in an apartment filled with boxes. I grew up with that. I hated it. HATED It!!

  I'm trying to stay positive. It's all for a good reason. Both of us will be working. If we get the cheaper apartment, we can save money like crazy. We are planning on getting a few new furniture pieces. And will be moving away from the drama that is my mother. So all good things.  Just have to make it through the packing, sorting and purging process. Keep your fingers crossed for me :)

No comments: