Sunday, August 26, 2012

In which i lose my mind...

So the big move was supposed to happen today. Note the "supposed to happen". Yeah, it didn't. Why, because the truck company are a bunch of idiots and didn't have a truck for us. So we got 2 extra days to pack, clean and try to relax a little. So yesterday we went to Ikea and bought things. Things like furniture, which i thought my husband would NEVER EVER let me do. Yeaaaayyy baby!!!! I got an awesome dresser and tv stand!! And since they are flat packed in a box, it makes it even easier.

SO you ask, what's the catch. Yeah... i know. I asked that too.

Dun dun duuuunnnnnnnn!!!

There is a hurricane currently plugging up the gulf, heading straight for Alabama. So we are looking at rain driving down. Rain and winds for unloading. And lots and lots of upset phone calls from my mom.. UGHHhHhhhhhhh  Like the one i just got. "Are you watching the weather and news??"  Nope, i have no idea that we are driving into certain doom. None whatsoever. And that the day we are to unload, they are classing Issac(hurricane) a class 2 Hurricane.

http://www.weather.com/weather/hurricanecentral/tracker/2012/isaac

I hate to wish this upon other people, but i hope it keeps moving west a little bit! The projected path has already shifted a little west from this morning's news.

I will unload in rain, up a flight of stairs. I hate the fact that i may have others helping me do this. I don't wish this on anyone. Soooooo not fun.

I have my own weather station going... so yea, i'm watching things... far better than some parents realize. And no, i don't need a lecture to add to my stress.

kthxbye


No comments: