Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Molding and sad internets!

So i'm currently sitting in the lobby of the hotel, doing research and playing on the internet. I'm in my pj's and i have my hair in a cute turban. If i have to sit here to be on the internet, damnit, i'm going to be comfy. To hell with them. And i'm not alone. There's a guy here, with a baby, doing stuff on his laptop too. Man i hope they get this fixed soon.

Today was like kindergarten in the shop. We did crafts... like lots of crafts.. and making messes. We did silicon casting. I've not really done it before... but luckily Scott is pretty experienced with it, so i learned tons!!  We had tons of molds already, so Scott taught me to how to mix the two part mix. We added bronzing powder to some. Got some gorgeous gold and silver plastic pieces. I have pictures, and will post them later when i can get internet and the photos in the same place. I also experimented with leather dye and the clear resin. The results were awesome!!! I don't want to give it away right now... but oh do i have ideas. And i'm doing research on things now so i can do more. Wooooo!!!!

Before we left the shop, we started working on a project that will get a mold cast over it. It's pretty cool. I've always wanted to do this kind of stuff before. I'm so excited about it!!

No comments: