Sunday, January 15, 2012

Okay okay okay... ya got me

Sorry i haven't been posting daily! There are a whole long list of reasons why.. some involve a dog.. some a hamster.. and others.. well, i can't tell  you or i may have to hurt you ;)  But really.. working again, makes me tired... so i come home.. walk Jasmine. Make dinner.. and flop. I don't even look at my computer. Sad, huh :(

But let me tell you, it's been fun. I've already made a ton of hats. I'm working on a scarf gag for an aviator scene in 39 Steps. There was the "SURPRISE!! You need to make a trick knife gag!!" (Actually a combination of people, not me, did that. I was just there to bounce ideas off.) Dying all kinds of things. Fittings. Fake boobies of all shapes. And more hats! And in there we got some nice little castings this knotted rope filigree that already existed in the shop (GO ME!!)

Scott took me to a scary thrift store that smelled horribly of bleach. We did find the butcher knives we were looking for.. heheheheh (for the knife gag) I went to the walmart today.. that was a little busy and overwhelming.

I'm also contemplating making something for myself ... maybe something a little victorian :) Or there is the Arashi Shibori that i am so intrigued with right now. The shop even has the dye and pipe to use. Soooo i just need to find some silk. NOM nom nom nom!!

Jasmine is using her cuteness to gain friends with the hotel staff. Tonight, on our walk, we stopped by the front desk.. and ended up standing there for 20 minutes while someone was petted and cooed at. She could do no wrong.. and was in her element. Everyone is loving her. And i got a new pot for the kitchen :) Benefits of the cuteness.

No comments: